31 MAR 2017
As Deer Park is set to close today, I have continued pressing Oxfordshire health bosses to extend services until the final independent review decision is made. I have also pressed for them to ensure that local practices are able to provide the much needed cover for Deer Park patients.
I have been assured by Oxfordshire health bosses that the Nuffield Health Centre will provide an immediate and necessary service for any unregistered patients needing health services. This will be provided from...
27 MAR 2017
I have spoken and met with David Smith from Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group who assured me that they are aware of patients still on the list and are taking the following measures:
There will be a GP available at the surgery until 31st March to deal with any urgent issues that come up for patients who have not registered elsewhere. Following my conversation with David Smith he has asked the team to look at whether this can be extended.
The staff at Deer Park are phoning all remaining...
21 MAR 2017
Today, I asked the Secretary of State for Health in the House of Commons to press the Independent Reconfiguration Panel to reach a decision regarding Deer Park Medical Centre at the earliest opportunity.
Read this exchange in full here.
20 MAR 2017
I have today further written to the Secretary of State for Health, Jeremy Hunt.
I have stated concern about those 2500 patients who remain registered to Deer Park Medical Centre. I have urged the Secretary of State to press the IRP to keep the practice open at least until a formal decision is made on 11th April 2017.
It is unacceptable for Deer Park to be closed early, leaving 2500 patients without access to a GP, and unacceptable for it to close while the IRP is still...
16 MAR 2017
Read this letter in full here.
I am pleased that the Secretary of State for Health, Jeremy Hunt, has now referred this matter to the Independent Reconfiguration Panel for review.
However, as you will read, I am very concerned that OCCG have not been required to stop closure proceedings. I am also concerned that the decision made by the IRP will be too late for the practice, and merely be academic.
I sent this letter in response to the Secretary of State's letter to the Oxfordshire HOSC,...